SQE-Sponsored Research &
- How to Get the Right Education for Your Child, by Malkin Dare. Waterloo: OQE-SAER Publications, 2008. This very readable book by SQE's president is intended for the parents of children who are struggling in school. The book walks parents through their various options - from working with the system, to supplementing the system, to opting out of the system, to changing the system.
- Breaking Down Monopolies: Expanding Choice and Competition in Education, by Yvan Guillemette: C.D. Howe Institute, 2007. This SQE-sponsored study reports that economic theory and international experience show that greater
school choice can be a winning educational strategy and can be
implemented in a way that preserves social equity and equality of
- Ontario's Private Schools: Who Chooses Them and Why?, by Deani A. Van Pelt, Patricia A. Allison, and Derek J. Allison. Vancouver: The Fraser Institute, 2007. This SQE-sponsored study looks at why private school attendance in Ontario is steadily growing, while at the same time the attendance in the province's public schools is declining. After surveying 919 private school families, the researchers report that the features parents value in their children's private schools are such things as dedicated teachers, an emphasis on academic quality, a high moral tone, character development, and safety.
- Teaching Science in the 21st Century: An Examination Of Science
Curricula From Kindergarten To Grade 12, by CH Vanderwolf, M Cook, RT Coutts and D Cropp. Toronto: Society for
Quality Education, 2005. The science
curricula in use in the ten provinces were evaluated
with respect to scientific content, recommended teaching
methods, freedom from errors and unsupported dogmatic
statements, and adequacy of presentation of the nature
of science. Printed copies may be obtained by contacting
- Charter Schools: Alberta's Best-Kept Secret. Written and narrated
by distinguished education writer Andrew Nikiforuk, winner of the Governor General’s
Award for Non-Fiction, this DVD addresses many misconceptions about
charter schools. First and foremost, they are PUBLIC schools. Find out why teachers, parents and
students love them and see whether you agree that charter schools focus on the
student and learning rather than politics and bureaucracy.
To order a copy, see below.
Click here to view the DVD.
to order materials:
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto call Toll Free 1-888-856-5535
Fax - 416-237-0108
- Society for Quality Education, 57 Twyford Road,
Toronto ON Canada M9A 1W5
the Society for Quality Education distributes its material
free of charge, a donation of any amount is greatly appreciated. Cheques payable to Society for Quality
Education may be mailed to the address above. Tax receipts
will be issued for donations of $10.00 or greater. Registered
Canadian Charitable No. 85857 5087 RR001